Hagerty International Limited is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office, with registration number Z9296225.
Hagerty International Limited, and our affiliates (“Hagerty”, “we”, “us” or “our”) take steps intended to meet privacy principles and requirements with respect to personal information under applicable UK and European privacy legislation. The purpose of this notice is to inform our clients and other individuals we deal with (“you”, “your” or “user”) how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation. This notice applies to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information. This notice does not apply to information about our employees or to information that is not personal information.
At Hagerty, we value you as a client. We also share your concerns about privacy. Any data processing will primarily be conducted to fulfill our contractual obligations to you. We will obtain your consent to process any of your information for any other reasons. Information is internally anonymised when possible.
By using this site, standard internet log information, known commonly as “cookies”, collect additional information about your navigation on this site, and you can find out more about how we use “cookies” in our “Cookies Statement”. We do not make any attempt to discover your identity by that information.
International Data Transfers, EU-US Privacy Shield
Hagerty relies on EU Standard Contractual Clauses for data transfers. Hagerty also participates in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (“Privacy Shield”) and has self-certified with the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles. Hagerty is committed to applying the Privacy Shield Principles to all personal information received from countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in reliance on the Privacy Shield. To learn more about the Privacy Shield, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield Information. To see how Hagerty treats personal information from the EEA, please see our Privacy Shield Notice. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Personal Information we may collect about you:
Hagerty and its brokers, agents and representatives collect personal information in a number of circumstances in the course of its insurance brokerage business. Depending on the purpose(s) for which we need to collect it, personal information we collect includes:
- Information you provide to us with your quote or your application and other submission materials, which includes information about you or members of your household. This information includes name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, driving licence number, birth date, marital status and other information;
- Information from the DVLA about you, other individuals listed as policyholders, other drivers, or household members such as licence status, entitlement and relevant restrictions an endorsement or conviction information. For details relating to information held about you by the DVLA, please visit www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence.
- Information concerning your transactions with us or our affiliates, such as information about your policy coverage and premium or information about the products and services you request or purchase;
- Claims history information about you, other individuals listed as policyholders, other drivers, or household members;
- Details of other vehicles owned by you;
- Employment information;
- Other information submitted by you. This may include information you have filled out in surveys, polls, questionnaires or similar items; and
- Such other information we may collect as permitted or required by law.
We may obtain this information from you or from insurance companies, other insurance brokers or agents, motor vehicle and driver licensing authorities, and/or financial institutions.
Use of Personal Information:
Hagerty may need to share or disclose your personal information in order to provide requested products or services. We may, for example, use your personal information to:
- Uses and Disclosures Necessary to Fulfill Our Obligations to you:
- Verifying your identity
- To contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and/or carefully selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so. You can opt-out of receiving such information at any time by contacting us
- Quotation: Your data will be used to provide you with the best quote with our trusted partners in relation to the insurance services you are requesting a quotation for
- We may use scoring methods to assess this application. This information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account. Alternatively, we may ask you to provide physical forms of identification
- Customer Services: Should you need to query, amend or cancel a policy you have taken up with us, we will use your personal data to assist you with the action or enquiry you are contacting us for
- Assisting you and assessing your ongoing needs for insurance
- Managing, administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing accounts
- Uses for Legitimate Business Purposes
- Maintain the regulation of our business
- To show you advertising showcasing our products and services that we think will be of interest to you when you visit other sites around the internet. To help us ensure that you see the most relevant advertisements possible via non-identifiable tracking via services including Google Analytics remarketing, demographics and interest retargeting and Facebook custom audiences. To opt out of these services, you can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
- Uses Necessary for Legal and Regulatory Compliance:
- Regulatory and self-regulatory agencies
- Persons requiring information pursuant to a governmental or court order
- Otherwise as permitted or required by law
We may disclose personal information in order to:
- Ensure our insurers and credit providers have the necessary facts to assess your insurance risk, verify your identity, to help prevent fraud and to provide you with their best premium and payment options, they may obtain information from third parties at quotation and renewal and in certain circumstances where policy amendments are requested. This information includes a quotation search from a credit referencing agency. This search will appear on your credit report and will be visible to other credit providers. It will be clear that this is a quotation rather than a credit application by you to pay by monthly instalments
- Conduct research or compile statistics
- Adjusters or insurance companies for purposes of claims handling
Information collected from the DVLA or claims history reports will not be used or shared with affiliates or third parties except where necessary for purposes of providing the services you request such as assessing your application, underwriting insurance, servicing your policy, claims handling, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Service Providers. Hagerty may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers (including affiliates of Hagerty acting in this capacity) that perform services on our behalf. Services may include, for example, breakdown services (if you sign up for those services), transit carriers, mailing, printing, billing, marketing, auditing (including internal audits), administering and managing our business, information technology and/or data hosting or processing services or similar services, or otherwise for purposes described in this notice.
Business Transactions. Personal information may be used by Hagerty and disclosed to parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitisation, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Hagerty or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. These purposes may include, as examples:
- permitting those parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with the transaction; and/or
- fulfilling reporting, inspection or audit requirements or obligations to those parties.
Assignees or successors of Hagerty or our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this notice.
Data Transfers outside the EU. In any circumstance where Hagerty considers transferring your personal information outside of the EU for any business purpose, it will comply with all relevant UK and EU laws and have valid data transfer mechanisms in place. Hagerty will implement reasonable contractual or other controls to protect your personal information while processed or handled overseas.
Profiling and Automatic Decision Making. We will pass your data to Fast Stats for profiling, on the basis of legitimate interests, in order to help us tailor products that will suit your needs. To opt out of data profiling, please email email@example.com
Internet privacy and information collected online:
Cookies Please refer to our “Cookies Statement” to learn more about cookies and how they are used on our site.
Log Files An IP address is a numerical identifier for a device attached to an IP network. We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We make no effort to discover your identity through your IP address.
Links Our web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Hagerty is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects non-public personal information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our web site.
Surveys & Contests From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as post code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes and for permission-based e-mail promotions and information. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site, as well as summarising the results of all respondents and reporting on industry statistics, trends, and group opinions.
Public Forums Our site may make forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Should your relationship with Hagerty end, your information will be retained by Hagerty following its normal and lawful business record retention policy. Different categories of information will be kept for different lengths of time. The time depends on factors such as legal requirements and statutes of limitation. Information that no longer serves a legal necessity or lawful business use will by anonymised or deleted. Your information will remain protected as long as it is retained, consistent with the privacy practices in this notice.
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We limit access to your personal information to authorised employees, brokers and agents of Hagerty who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job requirements.
Your Data Rights:
The Right to Be Informed
The Right of Access and Correction
You have the right to access and correct or complete any of your personal information that we may have of yours. This includes a confirmation that your data is being processed or any other supplementary information. You can access your information at the number and address below. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We will do this free of charge. However, and we may charge a statutory administration fee if the request is burdensome.
The Right of Erasure
You have the right to “be forgotten.” You can have your personal information deleted from our system subject to certain limitations. These limitations include when your personal information is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you or under a legal requirement such as defense of legal claims. Please contact us at the information provided below for more information.
The Right to Restrict Processing
If you believe that we are processing your data incorrectly, inaccurately, unlawfully, or otherwise improperly, you may restrict our processing of your personal data. You may restrict or opt-out of processing at any time. Please contact us at the information provided below for more information.
The Right to Data Portability
You have the right to a machine readable copy of your personal information. We can provide this directly to you or to whomever you direct us to.
The Right to Object
You have the right to object to processing of your personal information, including any automatic decision making processes. We will evaluate your objections based on your specific situation. Please contact us to discuss or exercise this right.
Hagerty may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at:
Hagerty International Limited
Attn: Data Controller
The Arch Barn, Pury Hill Farm
Northants, NN12 7TB.
If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us as described above, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us at 0333 323 1138.
Privacy notice changes:
This notice may be revised from time to time. If we intend to use or disclose Personal Information for purposes materially different than those described in this notice, we will notify affected individuals, if necessary, including by revising this notice. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should contact us as described above. We urge you to review this online notice frequently to obtain the current version.