Finishing strong, Commencement notes
Dear fellow RIT Tigers,
We did it! Together, we persevered successfully and finished the academic year. As we complete finals, please take a moment to personally reflect on this accomplishment. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to get us where we are today during the pandemic.
Now, I have a few notes related to one of my favorite times of year — Commencement. Commencement is the most magnificent thing we do on campus. This is the culmination. This is the launch point for our new graduates. It’s going to feel great this year as our graduates walk across the stage, in person, at one of the many college-based ceremonies.
For the first time in more than a year, we will greet many guests to our campus as many families and friends watch the ceremonies virtually and then join in celebration afterward. Let’s give them a warm and friendly RIT welcome.
A few reminders:
- Please remember that when indoors and in the presence of others, masks are required.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recently updated guidance on outdoor mask usage. It is OK to not wear a mask outdoors as long as you maintain a physical distance of at least six feet.
- We encourage our graduates, families, and friends to capture the excitement of graduation with memorable photos at four key locations, including the Gordon Field House, Gene Polisseni Center, the Tiger statue, and the Sentinel sculpture. Feel free to unmask, but be sure to distance from others while waiting in line.
- There will be plenty of places to eat on campus, including food truck options.
- As mentioned, families and friends can watch the live stream of the ceremonies throughout the three days.
- Share your posts on social media and tag them with #RITGrad. We’ll post your messages in the online ceremonies.
We plan to make this a festive time for our graduates. You’ve earned it! Please visit the Commencement website for additional information about this very special weekend.
Yours in Tiger Pride,
A sign language interpreted translation of this message is available.