Technology, the Arts, and Design (TAD) Competition
The contest is open to all current RIT students (undergraduate or graduate level) including faculty led groups, whose Imagine RIT exhibit align with the criteria listed below. Students groups, and faculty led student groups are both encouraged to enter for consideration.
Prizes will be awarded to the top winner in each category.
Entry for consideration must be submitted by February 1, 2022, via the Imagine RIT proposal system. Questions can be submitted to the Director of Imagine RIT, Ann Miller, at [email protected].
Event organizers will review submissions and participants will be selected by March 25, 2022. Winners will be announced at Imagine RIT on April 23, 2022.
Elements of TAD
Technology refers to the innovative application of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
The Arts involve creative endeavors that communicate and connect through aesthetic experience.
Design is the empathetic, iterative synthesis of function and form to align product, user, and environment.
Does my exhibit qualify for consideration?
- Potential to enrich involved disciplines (transdisciplinary)
- Potential for outstanding innovation or creative outcomes that could not have been achieved by traditional disciplinary approaches
- Synergistic benefits
- Boundaries/nature of each field expanded
What category should I apply to compete in?
- Solving Humanity’s Complex Problems: uniting diverse perspectives and expertise to identify challenging problems, understand the underlying complexity, and develop creative, collaborative solutions
- Health and Well-being
- Sustainability and Environment
- Equity and Access
- Storytelling through Enhanced Realities: leveraging Technology to help spin imaginative tales, put on wondrous shows, and create compelling experiences
- Pushing the Boundaries of Visual Communication and Imaging: uniting expertise with technology to explore the boundaries of visual media and media technologies
How do I enter my Imagine RIT exhibit for consideration to compete?
In the proposal system under exhibit information, select ‘yes’ to the question “Are you planning to submit your exhibit for consideration to compete in the TAD competition?” This must be done no later than February 1, 2022.